Handshake Q & A
Quieting the Class
Using a Fishbowl
- How much do you emphasize an ‘essential question’ for each lesson?
- How do you get students motivated about the lesson?
- What percentage of class time do you ‘lecture’? What percentage do you have student engage in activities? What is optimal?
- How do you encourage students to take useful notes and/or use graphic organizers for learning retention?
- What are the ‘non-negotiables’ in your school and/or class?
From: Teaching Tips: Leading Classroom Discussions
- In what ways are you an entertainer?
- How do you (can you) attempt to keep the students’ attention?
From: Handshake Q & A
- How do you (can you) connect with the students?
- How do you reinforce previous learning?
From: Quieting the Class
- How do you quiet the classroom?
- How do you encourage metalearning in the classroom?
- What gestures do you use in your class?
- How do you stay focused on your teaching tasks and avoid distractions?
- What systems of behavior management/discipline do you use in your school and class?